What To Look For In An Aesthetic Clinic In 5 Simple Steps
Are you thinking about having an aesthetic treatment to combat signs of ageing? If you are then you’ll want to know how to find the best aesthetic clinic to suit your needs.
Finding the right place can be difficult. Whether you’re looking to reduce lines and wrinkles, rejuvenate your skin or simply get pampered, you’ll want to know what treatments are best and which aesthetic clinic is the right place to get them.
There’s a huge choice out there and unfortunately, many aesthetic treatments like dermal fillers, aren’t regulated – meaning anyone can do them! So it’s important to find the most qualified person to carry out your procedure.
There is a growing demand for clearer legislation, but in the meantime, the good news is that there are many credible clinics out there with qualified practitioners who are completely transparent about their services and abilities. So, how do you find them?
What To Look For – 5 Simple Steps
Reputable clinics are so easy to find once you know what to look for. In this blog, we will outline 5 of the most important things that you should be looking for before booking any procedure.
1 – Accreditations
Look for qualifications and accreditations. If you’re receiving any kind of cosmetic procedure then you’ll want to make sure that you receive safe, compassionate and high-quality care.
You can easily do this by checking if your aesthetic clinic or practitioner is registered on any of these lists.
- The CQC (Care Quality Commission) regulates cosmetic treatments carried out by a healthcare professional. To be registered, they must supply certain information like their medical qualifications and insurance details.
- Save Face Register is a national register of accredited practitioners who provide non-surgical treatments such as anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers.
- GMC (General Medical Council) is a medical register of a list of doctors in the UK showing their registration status, training and other information.
Registration with any of these means the clinic has to adhere to strict standards of care.
2 – Doctor-Led Clinics
Finding a doctor-led aesthetic clinic is one way to ensure that you’ll find a practitioner who has the right background to offer the best advice and treatments. They protect your long-term health and well-being, and they also carry all of the appropriate medical indemnity insurance.
Using a doctor-led clinic means that they are more qualified to recognise skin conditions and can advise the best course of action to improve your look based on medical knowledge. They often have a wider range of treatments available, as some procedures such as thread lifts, should only be performed by a doctor.
3 – An Ethos That Matches Yours
Most clients that choose non-invasive procedures want a natural look. And whatever you’re end goal is, it’s best to find an aesthetic clinic that shares your values and offers you the results that you want.
Make sure that your needs are respected above all else and that you’re offered thorough advice and after-care.
4 – Recommendations And Reviews
An aesthetic clinic can promise you a lot, but the best way to tell if they can deliver is to see what they’ve done for others. Seek out before and afters, reviews, client testimonials and recommendations on social media platforms or websites such as Google.
5 – Patient-Focused Clinic
Look for a patient-led aesthetic clinic as they tend to have greater respect for your values, needs and preferences.
A patient-focused aesthetic clinic will have you feeling like a VIP, not just another number. This can be seen with free follow-up appointments, early access to new treatments or they might even celebrate your birthday with a little treat!
How To Choose The Right Aesthetic Clinic
If you’ve followed the 5 steps above then you’ve no doubt narrowed it down to a few potential clinics. But how do you actually choose the right one?
Independent research, for example looking at their website, their reviews, and their social media will only get you so far. The most important thing is to visit the clinic.
Arrange a face-to-face consultation as soon as possible. You’re under no obligation to have a procedure with them and all reputable clinics will conduct a thorough consultation before booking you in.
A consultation is your chance to ask all your questions. To find out as much as you can about their qualifications, their expertise, what they can offer you and what their ethos is.
You have to feel comfortable with the person doing your treatment. No matter how good a reputation they have with others, it’s you that needs to feel comfortable and trust that you’re going to get the best results.
After your consultation ask yourself: Do you feel comfortable? Understood? Happy with the entire process.
If the answer is yes then congratulations! You’ve found the right aesthetic clinic.
The Essential Checklist
Follow this simple checklist before you book into an aesthetic clinic.
- Check Their Accreditations – Ask what qualifications they have. Are they qualified specialists? Are they on the CQC, Save Face and GMC register?
- Read The Reviews – You’ll tell the most about their treatments by what they’ve achieved with past clients and what people say about them.
- Are They Doctor-Led – A doctor-led clinic holds all the right insurance, medical know-how and experience to offer the best treatments and advice. A doctor-led clinic will also be able to offer a wider variety of treatments.
- Are They Patient-Focused? – You need to feel like a VIP, you should feel understood and prepared entirely before any treatment.
- Does Their Ethos Match Yours? – Do they understand your wants and needs? Do they share the same values as you?
- Book A Consultation – Meet with them face to face so you can ask questions and fully prepare ahead of your treatment.
At Elite Aesthetics, Dr Shirin Lakhani is a practicing GP and trained aesthetic physician. She is registered with the GMC and is fully insured, following the GMC Good Medical Practice guidelines ensuring quality service with an honest, ethical approach.
You can also read our many fantastic reviews over on our testimonials page.
If you’re interested in hearing more about what Elite Aesthetics can offer you, then you can book a consultation here. Our consultations are held in our award-winning clinic based in Greenhithe, Kent which is just 20 minutes away by train from St. Pancras London.