Erectile Dysfunction for Diabetics
Take charge of your erectile dysfunction for diabetics today
Diabetes is a prevalent cause of erectile dysfunction in males, although it is not unavoidable. Consider preventative methods, treatment alternatives, and other factors.
At Elite Aesthetics, we obtain the best results for your by using our unique P Shot injection techniques not found elsewhere.
Staff at Elite Aesthetics
Erection issues, often known as erectile dysfunction or ED, are frequent among diabetic males. Those with type 2 diabetes, in particular. Long-term high blood sugar levels might harm the neurons and blood vessels. This injury makes it difficult to obtain or maintain a firm adequate erection for sex.
High blood pressure and heart problems can also cause erectile dysfunction. These symptoms are frequent in diabetic men. Although age can play a role in ED, erectile dysfunction is more common in diabetic males. Men may experience erectile problems before being diagnosed with diabetes or heart disease.
Living with erectile dysfunction can be quite difficult. You and your partner may be disappointed. However, you can deal with ED. Take the necessary actions to re-establish your sexual life.
Consult an expert
Many men are reluctant to discuss erectile problems. Even to a medical professional. But don’t be ashamed. Seek assistance. A simple discussion can have a significant impact. Here’s what you should do:
- Enform your doctor about the situation. Your provider will consider your entire health picture. You may gain knowledge about the health conditions, testosterone levels, or drugs that are causing your erectile dysfunction. A provider will provide you with treatment information and suggestions. Find out what your alternatives are.
- Enquire about how you might improve your diabetes management. Improved blood sugar levels can aid in the protection of your nerves and blood vessels. When they are destroyed, they induce erectile dysfunction. You’ll feel better overall, and your quality of life will increase. Enquire with your doctor if you’re taking the proper actions to manage your diabetes.
- Enquire about other health concerns. Diabetes is frequently co-occurring with other chronic illnesses in men. Some may induce or aggravate erectile dysfunction. Keep track of other health conditions with your provider.
- Examine your medications. Enquire with your doctor about your medications. They could be the source of your erectile dysfunction. Some medications, such as those used to treat depression or high blood pressure, have been linked to ED. Changing your medications may be beneficial.
- Seek professional help. Anxiety and stress can aggravate erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction can put both you and your companion under stress. A psychologist, counsellor, or other mental health specialist can assist you and your spouse in dealing with the situation.
Think about your therapy treatments
There are numerous approaches to treating erectile dysfunction. Enquire with your provider if any of the following choices could be suitable for you:
Sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca), vardenafil, or avanafil (Stendra) are erectile dysfunction medications. Oral medications are pills that are taken orally. These pills can improve blood flow to your penis, making it easier to achieve and maintain an erection. Consult your doctor to see whether any of these medications are appropriate for you.
If pills aren’t an option for you, your doctor may offer a little suppository. Before sex, inject this into the tip of your penis. Another option is to inject drugs into the base or side of your penis. These pharmaceuticals, like oral medications, improve blood flow, which aids in obtaining and maintaining an erection.
Erection gadget with a vacuum
This gadget, sometimes known as a penis pump or a vacuum pump, is a hollow tube that you place over your penis. It works by drawing blood into your penis with a pump to produce an erection.
The tube is then withdrawn, and a band is inserted at the base of the penis to maintain the erection. This battery- or hand-powered device is simple to use and poses little risk.
If a penis pump is a good option for you, your provider may recommend a specific model. That way, you can be certain that it meets your requirements and is well-made.
This unique treatment uses your own stem cells to regenerate your nerves and tissues.
If medications or a penile pump are ineffective, a surgical implant may be an alternative. For many men suffering from erectile dysfunction, semirigid or inflatable penile implants are a safe and effective choice.
Make wise lifestyle decisions.
A few modifications can make a significant difference in your health. Try the following suggestions to enhance your overall health and your ED:
Tobacco usage, including smoking, causes blood arteries to constrict. As a result, less blood may reach your penis. Furthermore, smoking reduces nitric oxide levels in the body. Nitric oxide tells your body that blood should flow to your penis. When there is less nitric oxide, there is less blood flow. Erectile dysfunction can be caused or exacerbated by decreased blood flow.
Don’t give up if you’ve tried and failed to quit on your own. Request assistance. There are numerous methods available to assist you with quitting, including medicine.
Consider what you consume.
There is no one-size-fits-all food regimen for diabetics. However, a provider can supply the proper balance of carbs, protein, and fat for your health. They can also advise you on which foods are best for you.
Reduce extra weight.
Obesity can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Get your feet moving. Other disorders that might cause erectile dysfunction can be helped by exercise. It increases blood flow while decreasing stress and weight. Begin where you are. A provider can assist you in developing a strategy that is appropriate for your ability.
Stop or reduce your drinking.
Alcohol can have an effect on erectile dysfunction. If you choose to consume alcohol, moderation is essential. For healthy people, that means no more than one drink per day for men over the age of 65. Or, for men aged 65 and younger, up to two drinks each day.
Mayo Clinic provides erectile dysfunction treatment.
Our compassionate doctors can assist you with your health challenges.