PDO Thread Lift: Before and After Care
The PDO thread lift before and after care – The thread lift procedure focuses on instantly lifting your facial features to ensure a more youthful appearance. The thread lift reduces wrinkles and fine lines and promotes the production of collagen to add more volume to the treated area. At Elite Aesthetics, we are unique in the UK to be able to combine 3 different thread technologies to obtain the best results for you. We have clients travel across the UK to have their treatment with us because:
- 3 Different thread types offered to maximise your results.
- 3 Advanced GMC Registered Aesthetic Doctors who have performed 1000’s of Thread Lifts.
- Elite Aesthetics is a Thread Lift Centre of Excellence.
- Multi-award winning clinic with results to match.
- Care and Compassion from all of our team to ensure you have a comfortable treatment.
- Free follow up appointments to check on results and make any minor adjustments as required.
You can get PDO thread treatment in Greenhithe, Kent, or other areas like Harley Street, but it is essential to get the treatment done only from an advanced aesthetic practitioner in a CQC Registered clinic to ensure the procedure is conducted smoothly and without any complications. At Elite Aesthetics we have 3 fully trained, expert doctors in Thread Lifts. Their combined experience is why we are able to obtain the best results for you, resulting in better before and afters.
Moreover, PDO thread before and aftercare is also crucial. Here are a few things to consider if you are thinking about getting the treatment.
Things to Do Before Thread Lift Treatment
Your doctor will create a bespoke plan for you based upon your skin goals. However, the usual guidelines provided are as follows:
- Smoking must be avoided for at least one week before the procedure as they can dehydrate the skin. It helps in speeding the recovery process and providing the best treatment results.
- Avoid all kinds of alcohol for at least one week before the procedure.
- Avoid consuming omega fish oils, vitamin E, garlic, and other such supplements at least two days before the treatment. It is best to avoid green and ginger teas as well.
- Avoid Aspirin-based products.
- Avoid performing high-intensity exercises and going to a sauna or steam room.
- Ideally have Anti Wrinkle Injections in the area 2 weeks before treatment to help enhance your results.
Things to Do After Thread Lift Treatment
The treatment has a minimal recovery time and you can go about your day as usual, however there are some key steps you can do to enhance the recovery and get the best results.
Here are some more things you should do after the treatment:
- Restrict facial movements for one day. Make sure to rest for a full day after getting the treatment.
- Try sleeping on your back, rather than sleeping on your side the first night.
- Ice the treated area for a few minutes for around five times during the day for the first week, especially if you are experiencing slight bruising or swelling.
- It is best to avoid aspirins for the next two weeks after the treatment.
- Try keeping your head elevated for a week.
- Don’t pull your facial skin, massage, scrub or exfoliate the skin for at least three weeks. You are also not supposed to wash or touch your face for at least 12 hours.
- Avoid straining or placing pressure on your face as it may result in threads misalignment.
- You can move around wherever you want, but don’t perform any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for three weeks.
- You can take pain killers as required after the procedure. Try consuming them after a meal to avoid any risk of nausea.
- You should not drink a beverage with a straw and focus on drinking liquids for at least a week.
- Consume soft foods for a week.
- Avoid applying makeup or facial cream for at least 48 hours.
- Chewing gum should be avoided for at least two weeks.
- Experiencing slight discomfort in the first two days after the procedure is normal, it will gradually reduce.
- Avoid getting any dental treatment for at least two weeks after getting the PDO thread lift.
- Avoid treatment if you have recently had a vaccine for Covid.
- Follow the care guidelines the practitioner gives you regarding the incision wounds.
- It is recommended that you sleep on your back to prevent any swelling.
Book your online consultation, we’d love to hear from you.